Commercial litigation is a core practice area of Umberg/Zipser. We have successfully handled commercial litigation matters all along the spectrum, from unfair competition and false advertising cases, to breach of contract, fraud, and other business torts. We know how government works, from the inside, and the people who make the critical decisions, where strategic advice and the highest quality work product are essential. In addition to representing clients once litigation has commenced, we are often called on to advise clients seeking to avoid a legal action. We have handled well over 100 trials, so when full-fledged litigation is unavoidable, we have the experience to go the distance. At the same time, we also have extensive experience in all types of alternative dispute resolution in commercial litigation actions, including arbitration and mediation.
Each client and each litigation matter is different, even if similar legal claims are involved. One size does not fit all. Thus, we work side-by-side with our clients to successfully and efficiently achieve the clients’ objectives. Whether that objective is a trial or pre-trial judgment, or a quick settlement, or any of the myriad possibilities in between, we litigate accordingly.
Our lawyers have been recognized for their talent and success, including being named among the “Best Lawyers in America®” for Commercial Litigation, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Banking & Finance Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, and Intellectual Property Litigation. U/Z founding partner Dean Zipser was named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America® for Bet-the-Company Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation in Orange County.
Our clients include domestic and international corporations of all sizes in a wide range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, retail, and financial services, as well as high profile individuals. We have successfully represented these clients in disputes involving:
- Breach of contract
- Business interruption
- Construction litigation
- Corporate investigations and white collar defense
- Corporate and partnership disputes and dissolutions
- Environmental litigation
- False advertising
- Financial services and regulatory litigation
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act consulting and litigation
- Government and administrative litigation
- Hospital and health care litigation
- Labor and employment
- Product Liability
- Real estate litigation
- Securities litigation
- Trade secrets
- Unfair competition
U/Z’s commercial litigation experience includes:
- Prosecuting and defending contract, unfair competition, false advertising, product liability, and business tort actions for computer manufacturers.
- Contract and partnership disputes, business torts, and real estate actions for financial institutions, retailers, and real estate-related entities
- Construction litigation matters for large developers to individual homeowners
- Defending attorney malpractice litigation and ethics disputes
- Business tort actions for large domestic and international companies, among many others