Class actions require specialists to handle unique substantive and procedural issues. We are those specialists, having handled scores of class action cases in state and federal court for a host of different clients, involving a wide variety of claims and subject areas. We include a former co-chair of a national law firm’s class action practice group.
We have defended matters alleging unfair competition, false advertising, breach of contract and warranty, violation of the Consumers Legal Remedies Act and Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, and strict liability. We have achieved very favorable results, including settlements, dismissals and defeating class certification and attorneys’ fees claims.
Class actions present different risks and a different legal landscape than other litigation matters. Those variables result in different client business realities and objectives. We work together with our clients to achieve their objectives, and clients know that we have the experience and know-how to get it done efficiently.
- Representation of computer manufacturers in various consumer class actions involving claims of product liability, unfair competition, breach of warranty, and false advertising, and alleged statutory violations.
- Representation of numerous financial institutions in class actions alleging breach of contract, unfair competition, and regulatory claims.
- Representation of product manufacturers in various product liability and warranty claims.
- Representation of real estate developers in various construction-related class action claims.
- Representation of law firm accused of securities fraud in connection with its client’s alleged Ponzi scheme.