Scott B. Garner represents clients in a wide array of complex business litigation matters with a particular focus on professional liability disputes and ethics counseling. He has represented large, mid-size, and small law firms, along with individual lawyers, in pre-litigation and litigation disputes concerning claims of legal malpractice, ethical violations, and securities fraud arising from their litigation, transactional, and IP practices.
Scott also represents public and non-public companies in a variety of matters, including contract disputes, intellectual property disputes, securities litigation, and hospital and healthcare law matters.
Scott is active in Bar and community organizations. He currently serves as an officer (Secretary) of the Orange County Bar Association and as Co-Chair of the OCBA Professionalism and Ethics Committee and as Co-Chair of the OCBA Civility Task Force. From 2010-2016, he was a member of the California State Bar’s Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct, serving as Chair of that Committee in 2014-15. He is the Immediate Past President of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers and as a current member of the Board of Directors of the Junior Statesmen Foundation.
Scott writes and speaks frequently on lawyer ethics and liability matters.
Scott earned a JD cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1991 and a B.A with distinction from Stanford University in 1988.
- Co-Chair, Professionalism and Ethics Committee, Orange County Bar Association
- Former Chair and Immediate Past Advisor, Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct, State Bar of California
- Director, Orange County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Orange County Bar Association Civility Task Force
- President, Orange County Chapter, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, Board of Directors, The Junior Statesmen Foundation
- Former Chair, Ethics Subcommittee of the Insurance and Risk Management Committee, ABA Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Former Member, Pro Bono Committee, Orange County Bar Association