Adina Stowell specializes in complex litigation involving corporate, commercial, trade secret, and real estate disputes in both state and federal courts. She has also represented clients in a number of consumer class actions in the technology, consumer product, and financial services industries involving unfair competition, false advertising, breach of warranty, and product liability related claims. Adina is experienced in all aspects of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling through appeal, as well as in various alternative dispute resolution procedures. Representative clients include: Bed, Bath & Beyond, Inc., Cost Plus, Inc., Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Washington Mutual Bank, and Wells Fargo Bank.
Ms. Stowell is the past-President of the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, a non-profit civics education organization that provides programming for teens, including a mock trial program, peer court, and a career forum. She also served on the Board of Governors of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers and the Board of Directors of the Federal Bar Association. In addition, Ms. Stowell is committed to pro bono legal work and has handled many pro bono matters throughout her career, including immigration asylum cases and assisting Holocaust survivors in obtaining reparations payments.
Prior to joining Umberg Zipser LLP, Adina was a partner at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP. Before that she was an associate with Morrison & Foerster, LLP where she was a member of their consumer class action and financial services practice groups.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Voted a Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine, 2008–2010
- Ms. Stowell is a past editor of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County, “Report,” which features articles on a variety of litigation and practice-related topics.
- Ms. Stowell co-authored an article entitled “The Pitfalls of Boilerplate Commercial Arbitration Agreements” for the Orange County Business Journal.
- Prosecuting and defending contract, unfair competition, false advertising, product liability, and business tort actions for computer manufacturers
- Real estate and contract actions for leading financial institutions, retailers, and real estate companies
- Construction litigation matters for large developers
- Business tort actions for leading international and domestic companies
- Representation of computer manufacturers in various consumer class actions involving claims of product liability, unfair competition, breach of warranty, and false advertising, and alleged statutory violations
- Representation of numerous financial institutions in class actions alleging breach of contract, unfair competition, and regulatory claims
- Representation of product manufacturers in various product liability and warranty claims